Come help rejuvenate Shoal Creek.
We can do it together!
Ways To Help
Report pollution and clean-up priorities
We are Shoal Creek’s eyes and ears, and the City of Austin wants to hear from us. If you see pollution or spills along the trail or waterway, report them immediately by calling the City’s 24-hour pollution hotline at 512-974-2550. Graffiti, dumping and other issues can be reported by completing a service request online or calling 3-1-1. It only takes a second but can make a world of difference!
Help out in our new office
We recently moved into our new office located right downtown at 707 West Avenue, and need some help settling into our new home and kicking off new initiatives. Whether you can volunteer a few hours or volunteer full-time for a few weeks or months, we’d welcome your help with this community effort! Please drop us a message and share your interests, special talents and availability.
Here are some possible volunteer projects:
- Package the Conservancy’s notecards
- Walk along the trail to identify and report new graffiti, trash and other concerns
- Develop a database of business and property owners in the Shoal Creek watershed
- Help organize our next fun public event on the creek, such as bat watching at the 9th street bridge or yoga in the park
- Assist with coordination and recruiting of volunteers for our next workday
- Assist in the design of the creek’s first adopt-a-garden program
- Improve and/or maintain our new website
- Help with media outreach about our goals and events
- Design initial marketing materials
- Edit and/or assist with the creation of public education materials
- Help design a young leaders program
- Share your ideas about how you can help as well!
Do you have skills in any of these areas? Please contact us if you do and have a little time to spare. Your help would be of great assistance.
- Google Earth
- Mail Chimp