Working together to improve Shoal Creek for all Austinites - present and future.
News + Events
- Calling all volunteers! Join the Shoal Creek Conservancy, Pease Park Conservancy and the City of Austin on Saturday, January 7 to plant 1,000 tree seedlings at the bamboo removal and habitat restoration project site along the Shoal Creek trail near Gaston Avenue. We need 100 volunteers to plant and water trees.
- Big improvements are on their way! On December 11, 2014, the Austin City Council approved an over $4 million Shoal Creek improvement project. This project will close an existing gap in the Shoal Creek trail just south of the West 5th Street bridge along the west side of Shoal Creek. Along with facilitating better connectivity through downtown Austin, this project will include lighting, stream bank restoration, a new pedestrian bridge and more.
- October 1, 2014 marked the beginning of Shoal Creek Conservancy's 2nd year. Thank you to all of our members and supporters that make our work possible! As we begin the new year, we are excited to share with the community the Conservancy's goals…
- Do you love Austin's trails, parks and creeks? If so, we have an opportunity for you! The Conservancy is now accepting applications for its Fall 2014 internship program.
- The city traps trash at the mouth of Shoal Creek. The garbage is most noticeable after a heavy rain, when tons of waste are swept down the creek to Lady Bird Lake. The trap at the mouth of Shoal Creek, at least in theory, keeps trash out of Lady Bird Lake and in a spot where it is easier to collect.
- There are only a handful of river crossings in Austin between the major freeways that hem in the city on the east and west. Between Interstate 35 and MoPac (Highway 1), there are only three bridges - Congress, First, and…
- How many butterflies do you know on sight? Do you know their names, the nectar flowers they need as adults, or the plants they feed on as caterpillars? If you don't, you are not alone.
- Toe bone connected to the foot bone Foot bone connected to the heel bone Heel bone connected to the ankle bone Ankle bone connected to the shin bone... Shoal Creek is connected to the Colorado River; the Colorado River…